adjusting the # of attempts for a Quiz

I have a quiz that originally has 1 attempt, and I see that students are not doing well and I'd like to add an attempt. If I go to edit the quiz and simply add an attempt, will that work for all students, even those who have already taken the quiz once?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello Caroline,

If you update a quiz to add an additional attempt, it will apply to all students, including those who have already taken the quiz. Here’s how it works:

1. Adding Attempts:
      • When you go to edit the quiz and increase the number of attempts, this change will be applied to all students. Those who have already taken the quiz will be able to access the new attempt based on the updated settings.
    2. Existing Attempts:
      • Students who have already completed the quiz will see the new attempt option as long as the quiz settings permit additional attempts. If the new configuration allows it, they will be able to start a new attempt.
    3. Considerations:
      • Make sure to communicate with your students about the update to avoid confusion.
      • Check if any other settings need to be adjusted, such as attempt restrictions or availability dates, to align with your new quiz policy.

If you need any more help or have further questions, just let me know!

Best regards,

Miguel