Is there a way to hide a specific rubric from students?

Options
Ted.Girard7486
Ted.Girard7486 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

We have to have the rubric tool and other rubrics available, but a specific one we would like to hide

Tagged:

Answers

• Jonathan.S.595
    Jonathan.S.595 Posts: 80 🧭
    edited November 2022
    Options

It should be all or nothing per org unit.

• Ted.Girard7486
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks @Jonathan Sorrenti​ , that's what it looks like. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

• Kevin.C.952
    Kevin.C.952 Posts: 1 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

This may not be that helpful, but there was an instructor I assisted in the past who wanted one rubric hidden from students. This instructor tied his rubrics to assignments (dropboxes) and so the students could view the rubric in there. We then hid the rubrics tool from the navbar for this one course. Then we attached the rubric to a particular grade item in the grades area and hid the grade item from student view so they couldn't see the rubric until after they were assessed.

Again, not an ideal solution but it did allow the students to see the other rubrics attached to the dropboxes/assignments and the instructor seemed ok with having the other rubric attached to the grade item.

• Ted.Girard7486
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks @Kevin Cormier​!

• Alan.P.39
    Alan.P.39 Posts: 11 🧭
    edited November 2022
    Options

Two related PIE ideas that suggest more who need this kind of feature added.

Rubrics: Restrictions tab for rubrics to hide or release them (regardless of status or associations)(D629)

Hide Rubric option (D2623)

We would like to hide a rubric used for institutional outcome measuring. Something students do not need to worry about or see. The hidden grade item is also an option, but the convenience of filling in a second (hidden) rubric while evaluating an assignment submission would be welcome.