Grading Forum Discussions with Associated Rubrics via API for a POC in Brightspace

Nicholas.C.2278
Nicholas.C.2278 Posts: 2 🔍
edited October 8 in Development
Hello Developer Community,

I’m currently working on a proof of concept (POC) where I need to evaluate forum discussions using the Desire2Learn (D2L) API in Brightspace. Specifically, I want to ensure that the associated rubric criteria are applied when grading discussions.

What I’ve done so far:
I’m retrieving discussion topics and posts for a user via the following URL structure: https://discussions.api.brightspace.com/{orgUnitId}/forums/{forumId}/topics/{topicId}.

Where I need help:
1. How do I retrieve and apply rubric criteria to a discussion evaluation via API? I want to ensure rubric selections are made during grading.
2. Can rubrics be evaluated fully via the API, including setting scores for individual rubric criteria? If so, which endpoints should I use to associate the rubric evaluation with the discussion grade?
3. Are there any best practices or examples for handling rubric-based evaluations programmatically?

Any insights or code samples on integrating rubric evaluations into the grading process for forum discussions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Answers