Cycle through assignments to grade

I'm frustrated in being unable to simply look at an assignment and read and grade all submissions by cycling through them. For example, I choose one, read and grade, click next ungraded, read and grade, etc. The only way to do this is to either go to (1) quick eval where I have to see the assignment, grade, click back, then click the next one I want, etc. Way too much unnecessary clicking. (2) Go to the assignment, find assignments to grade, click to read, grade, go back, etc. Am I missing what should be the easiest and most direct way to find all ungraded submissions and cycle through them one by one?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Michael.M.3382
    Michael.M.3382 Posts: 8 🔍
    Answer ✓

I'll answer my own question. You need to go to Assignments. You'll see the number submitted and unmarked for each assignment. While you can't cycle through all the ungraded assignments, you can cycle through each assignment that is ungraded, e.g. first assignment 1, then assignment 2, etc.

What is annoying is that "Quick Eval" is anything but quick. It should work in the same manner in being able to cycle through the entire list of ungraded assignment by just clicking 'next' after you've finished grading the one you are reviewing.

Answers

• Hi there! The Quick Eval tool should allow you to move ahead to the next learners submission; there should be an arrow in the top right to go to the next learner. There was an error displaying this embed.

• Hey Michael! Great call out - you're right. We're getting there with the early release of our new Quiz Evaluation experience - if you can use it, you'll see that it matches Assignments and Discussions. Once we can support all question types in the new Quiz Eval screen, we'll update Quick Eval to better iterate through submissions.