Calendar Permissions

Paul.H.607
Paul.H.607 Posts: 4 🌱

I have an events calendar set up at my school level. and admin can create new events however when i gave my instructors the same checkboxes under roles and permissions they still cannon create new calender events at that school level. They can do whatever they want at the course level calendars just not the one at the school level. what am i missing there must be some other place to enable it as well as roles and permissions calender.

Answers

• Hi Paul.H,

Instructors must be enrolled into the School org unit in which they need to create Calendar events, in addition to the following 2 calendar permissions: Access the Calendar tool; Manage Org Unit Events; on the School org unit:

Hope that helps!

• Paul.H.607

So they are part of the school org and have courses at lower levels as well as have that turned on. however when i go to create a calender event the button isnt there for them at the school level. Is there a way to check if it flowed down stream in the org structure o r is missing at a certain level ?

• Paul.H.607

FOUND it i had to click on edit org units then choose to add school level to the permisions. then it was there and configurable.

• Paul.H.607
    edited September 26

So now the question is how do i add the announcement or calender widgit to the subject grade level? its not like ther is a landing page for course categories. example an announcement widget that carries through all senior science courses and another for all elementary courses but different content in each. I tried to give the link with the secton number and instructors get unauthorized when they try to go there. i dont know how to givethem view pwrmissons for the different org levels. im going to try in user enrollment and see if it works.