How can my TA edit the grades

Bilian.L.93
Bilian.L.93 Posts: 2 🔍
edited September 10 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary
I added my TA as instructor because I could not find a role like "teaching assistant" , however, my TA still could not see the Grades from their end.

Answers

• Hi Bilian,

It sounds like your TA is having trouble accessing grades despite being assigned as an instructor. To resolve this, you’ll need to ensure that the TA’s role has the appropriate permissions. Here’s a step-by-step guide based on the permissions listed:

1. Verify Role Permissions:
      • See the Grades Tool: Ensure that the TA's role includes this permission to view the Grades tool.
      • Enter Grades: Verify that the TA can enter grades.
      • Enter Final Grades: Check if the TA is permitted to enter final grades.
      • Release Final Grades: Confirm that the TA can release final grades.
      • Edit Automatic Final Grade Release Setting: Ensure the TA is able to edit settings related to the final grade release.
      • Import Grades: Ensure the TA can import grades if needed.
      • Export Grades: Verify that the TA can export grades.
      • Manage Grades: Confirm that the TA can manage grades.
      • Edit Course Settings: Ensure the TA has permission to edit course settings if relevant to grading.
      • Manage Final Grade Properties: Check if the TA can manage final grade properties.
      • Manage Items and Categories: Ensure the TA has permission to manage grade items and categories.
      • Manage Grade Schemes: Verify that the TA can manage grade schemes.
      • See User Grade Values (API Only): This permission is API-specific and might not be relevant in this context.
      • Export Grades for Organization: Ensure the TA can export grades for the organization if needed.
      • See the Final Grade Audit Log: Confirm if the TA needs access to the audit log for final grades.
    2. Adjust Role Settings:
      • If any of the above permissions are not assigned, you’ll need to adjust the TA’s role settings. Go to Admin Tools > Roles and Permissions > Manage Roles, and modify the TA’s role to include these permissions.
    3. Course-Level Permissions:
      • Double-check that the TA is correctly assigned to the specific course where grading needs to be managed. Ensure that any course-level permissions are correctly set.
    4. Refresh and Verify:
      • Sometimes, permission changes may not appear immediately. Have the TA log out and log back in or clear their browser cache to refresh the system.

If the issue persists after verifying and adjusting these settings, please consult with your institution’s Brightspace administrator for additional support.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need more assistance!

Best regards,

Miguel