Differentating the grade book for two groups of students

Is it possible to assign different grade weightings for the same assignment (e.g., an exam) within a course so that it counts as 15% of the final grade for one group of students and 20% for another group?

My course includes honors and non-honors students, with different requirements for each group. I’ve set up groups and applied release conditions for the honors assignments. How can I adjust the grade weightings accordingly?
Tagged:

Answers

• Nikhil.P.90
    Nikhil.P.90 Posts: 107

@Dieg0.B.877 Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community site.

The feature for the scenario you mentioned, where you want one group of students to have a different grade weightage than the other for the same assignment, currently does not exist in the LE.

However there is a feature request submitted in Product Idea Exchange that is similar to your ask and is submitted as below,

{

Allow grade items to be assigned to different groups/sections (D1486)

Direct Link: https://desire2learn.brightidea.com/ideas/D1486

}

Regards,

Nik

• Dieg0.B.877
    Dieg0.B.877 Posts: 4 🔍

Hi Nik,

Thank you for your prompt response. Do you have any suggestions on how I can set up the grade book to work around this limitation? One idea I had was to create duplicate assignments and then exempt one of the groups from each assignment as needed.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Diego.