How to apply a navbar to a specific org unit and it's descendants

Is there a way to apply a navbar to only a set of courses (essentially one org unit and all it's descendants)?

I can share the navbar with the org unit but cannot figure out how to apply it only to that org unit. In testing, if I change the default to my new navbar, it changes all the courses using our default navbar and not just the org unit I've shared it with.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Amanda.M.339
    Amanda.M.339 Posts: 7 🌱

Thank you, @Chris.S.534 ! Do you know if using the CBT then restricts instructors from editing their navbars within their course? Wasn't sure if I was reading that correctly.

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 375

Hi Amanda,

To achieve this outcome you'll need to adjust the permissions of the role they are in i.e. remove the permissions enabling them to manage navbars at the course offering level.

If this change is too broad then it may require the creation of a new role with the permissions required for this subset of courses in which the CBT tool is run. This may be as simple as copying the existing role and removing the navbar permissions. However you now have another role to manage, and depending on how your admin team is structured you may need good communications covering when and where to use the new role.

Hope that heslp!