Student Grading

I have a particular instance where a faculty member wants to allow one of her student workers to be able to grade a certain set of assignments. She doesn't want them to access the entire gradebook but only be able to grade these assignments. Is that possible? I understand that I may need to create a Student Grader role but was wondering if there was a way to restrict the grading to just assignments.

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@emily.f.53 Yes, you can create a role that only has the permission to Give Feedback on Assignments and has no access to the Grades tool. There is also a Publish All Feedback on Assignments permission that you may or may not want to enable as well. Plus the new Advanced Assessment features coming in the August update will allow instructors to allocate which graders can grade which assignments and students within the Assignment tool itself.

• emily.f.53
    emily.f.53 Posts: 17 🌱

Does the feedback still provide a numerical score for the instructor to allocate a grade?

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@emily.f.53 Yes, feedback in D2L assignments refers to both grades and written feedback.