Accordions

Can you edit accordions to add more items after you have saved one in your course? If so, how do you do this?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Matt.W.287
    Matt.W.287 Posts: 58

Hi Laurel

The only way I know of is to edit the HTML source and copy/paste the block of code for one of the cards repeatedly.

*Start by making a backup copy of your file in case you make a mistake with all those <div> tags in there. Those are tricky things to manage and a mistake can mess up the formatting/function of the page.

Looking at the example in the HTML Template, you can see a single accordion at the top of the page.

If you click the Source Code button ("</>") you can edit the HTML source. In the Brightspace Editor window the HTML code will be colour-coded. When you click on one of the <div> tags, the corresponding </div> tag will light up. Below you can see I've clicked on that tag in line 28, and the close tag is on line 37.

Set your cursor at the start of the row and then click SHIFT + Down arrow until the whole card is highlighted. Notice in the picture below the cursor is at the start of row 38 and not at the end of row 37.

Then hit CTRL+c to copy and CTRL+v (multiple times) to paste it in on top of itself. If you hit CTRL+v six times you'll get a 6-card accordion (the first CTRL+v overwrites the existing card, the way I usually do it).

Once that's done you can Save to return to the HTML Editor page and then edit the titles and card bodies as desired.

I hope that's helpful
    Matt
    Learning Administration Manager