Email System

The email system that I'm seeing in my D2L platform doesn't allow for threading in emails back and forth to students. Is my board not using a current version of the email system? It feels very archaic in structure. I dislike using the email system since it is so hard to track conversations with students.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeffrey.M.844
    Jeffrey.M.844 Posts: 67
    edited June 13 Answer ✓

Hello @Caitlin.M.6,

There are several Email Configuration Options in Brightspace. Options that come with an internal mailbox offer only one Brightspace email interface; albeit there are some email settings that can be adjusted by your Brightspace administrator.

One such setting is Include original message in email replies, which can be defaulted to ON by your system administrator using config variable d2l.Tools.Mail.UserSettings.ReplyWithHistory. Although this does not change the user interface or user experience within the mailbox, it may have the desired effect as it will include the original message with your reply.

Other than that, I would recommend you check out the Product Ideas Exchange (required login to Brightspace Community) to upvote any related feature requests, or to create one of your own.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey

Learning Administration Manager

Answers