Opening file submissions

Options
Olivia.R.64
Olivia.R.64 Posts: 4 🔍

When grading assignments, is there a way to have the assignment submission automatically open when moving between student submissions vs. clicking the file to open each time.
For this course in particular students have to submit in .pdf format, so when trying to grade submissions for numerous students at a time, I find you have to click to open the submission, grade, then click to go to the next student submissions, and then click to open the submission. I'm wondering if there's a setting where the assignment automatically opens once you click to the next student - or is that dependent on how the student is attaching the file?

Thank you!

Olivia

Answers

• Ashwin.R.60
    Ashwin.R.60 Posts: 26
    Options

Hello @Olivia.R.64

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community.

Currently, there is no way to have the assignment submission automatically open when moving between student submissions. You will need to click on the submitted files individually to open them. This is expected behavior. Only text submissions are visible directly. The attachments need to be clicked to open as there could be more than one per submission.

If you would like more options I would suggest the submission of a PIE item, or upvoting one that suits your use case.

Brightspace Community Idea Site: Submissions (brightidea.com)

We look forward to hearing from you at the Product Idea Exchange!

Regards

Ashwin Ravi