Visual Table of content

Options

Hi everyone,

I want to hyperlink the text on the module display page. For instance, I would like to hyperlink the text: "Unit 2 | Using HTML Templates" as displayed in the image below. Is it possible?

Answers

• Olly.F.893
    Olly.F.893 Posts: 49
    edited March 27
    Options

Hi Uzma, I just want to check I fully understand what you mean.

That text should already be a hyperlink, because if you click it, it will take you to the content area and load up unit 2.

Or do you mean that you want a link to the particular unit that this points to?

If so, it's easy if you're using the new content experience, because the links to each unit will appear when you browse through them. The link should end with something like this: /d2l/le/lessons/6645/units/299

If you're using the old content experience, it's mildly harder to get the link. You just need to click the link in the image you've shown above, and make sure you copy the link for the module you've arrived in before you navigate anywhere else. (If you click a different unit, the url won't update in old content experience). The link will end with something like this: /d2l/le/content/7634/Home?itemIdentifier=D2L.LE.Content.ContentObject.ModuleCO-8386

• UniServices-ACS.G.145
    Options

Hi Olly,

Thanks for your response. In fact, I am trying to direct the learners to another course via a single click. I would like to use visual table of content just to display the title of a course and then redirect learners to another course on the LMS. No content will be populated in the module.

For instance, if they click on "Early Literacy Learning Circle", they should land on another course on the LMS. I hope I have explained it.

• Olly.F.893
    Olly.F.893 Posts: 49
    Options

Ah, I understand. The widget you are showing in your initial post is just for linking to the units / modules within a course but, if you have admin permissions, there are a couple of other ways to do what you're looking for.

1. You could make a custom link to the other course offering and place the link on the navbar: https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/1700-customize-your-course-navbar
    2. You could make a custom widget containing a link to this course offering (and any other useful links), and edit the homepage to show that widget: https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3312-manage-widgets-on-your-homepage