Formatting in Announcements

Options
C.R.306
C.R.306 Posts: 3 🔍
edited March 25 in Community Corner
Hello All,

Long-time Brightspace user. I’ve been meaning to ask this questions for a long time. Finally got around to doing so.

I am an instructor and like to create my announcements in Word, then copy/paste into Brightspace.

On many occasions, the formatting for my document appears fine in Word, and also when I paste into Brightspace (using “Keep Formatting” option) in the editor, it also looks fine. But when I go ahead and publish, things don’t go according to plan.

Specifically, I am referring to Carriage Returns (new lines) that, obviously, work in Word, (and inside the Brisghtspace Text Editor), but then that extra line that I add {CR}, does not display when published.

My screenshot attached is an example.

Try as I might to add a Carriage Return to each of these lines, they still do not take when I hit the “Publish” button.

I am open to using whatever TextEditor I need to. I just need to know which one.

Please advise.

Thanks,

-- C
Tagged:

Answers

• Heather.W.350
    Heather.W.350 Posts: 12
    edited March 26
    Options

You can force a return by using Shift + Enter, this is the quickest way in my opinion! See the result:

The difference in the source is <br> tags for Shift + Enter instead of <p> tags for just Enter.

Does that help?

• C.R.306
    C.R.306 Posts: 3 🔍
    Options

It works!! Thanks. It even works in Word. I took the original announcement and copied from Brightspace into Word. Then I did the Shift+Enter in Word, and then pasted back into Brightspace. And voilaaa!

Thanks Heather!

-- C