Transferring text into an html page in one course from another html page in another course.

Hello,

Within the confines of Brightspace, how can I transfer data such as text or images from one html page in one course to other html pages in other courses?

I want to create an html page in NCE containing all the necessary components that faculty need to include in their syllabi. When faculty create their syllabi in their respective courses in html pages, I want there to be place holders in their pages so that the most updated text from my page populates their pages.

Any ideas on how to do this in Brightspace would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Steve.B.446
    Steve.B.446 Posts: 74
    Answer ✓

If you're up for a bit of coding, you could create an HTML template that includes a script tag which calls a bit of JavaScript sitting in Public Files. You also include a container div tag for the user's content to sit in.

Within your JavaScript you can do a find and replace in the div innerHTML (either with JQuery or just read the contents into a variable, do str_replace and output it back to the innerHTML). So if they enter [integrity] your code replaces that with the appropriate template for academic integrity. (You may even be able to do it on the body element to avoid somebody being able to delete your div and break it.)

Answers