enrolment auto email

Options
kate.s.707
kate.s.707 Posts: 12 🌱

Hello. If an existing user is enrolled onto a second or third course, the system doesn't auto email them to notify them to log on. We have a lot of learners who may do more than one course so I need to turn this function on. Can anyone help with how I turn this function on please?

Answers

• Matt.W.287
    Options

Hi Kate

Users only receive an automatic email when created/enrolled if that's done using Bulk User Management. Enrollments done via Discover, Intelligent Agent actions, IPSIS, or API Calls do not.

The best way to achieve this is to use Intelligent Agents in each course which are (1) set to trigger the first time criteria is met and (2) trigger upon encountering someone enrolled in the current org unit as {some role}. Then edit the agent email accordingly to include the {LoginPath} (and perhaps the {InitiatingUserUsername}) they'll need to log in.

I hope that's helpful!

Best regards
    Matt
    Learning Administration Manager

• kate.s.707
    kate.s.707 Posts: 12 🌱
    Options

Hello @Matt.W.287 . thank you. Not sure I'm with you 100% but I think I get the jist. We're new to the system so haven't had training on Intelligent Agents. Will see what I can find.

• Matt.W.287
    Matt.W.287 Posts: 48
    Options

Hi Kate

I found this "Tips & Tricks" video on Community that might be helpful.

Best
    Matt