Cannot search for super admins when trying to enrol in class

Options
Reto.Hoehener8829
Reto.Hoehener8829 Posts: 16 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

I'm trying to enrol myself (super admin) into a test course offering.

But when searching for existing users, my user does not appear.

It has something to do with role interactions, I believe. But the settings look ok to me:

screenshot

Tagged:

Answers

• Jonathan.S.595
    Jonathan.S.595 Posts: 80 🧭
    edited November 2022
    Options

You not showing up has to do with the role preferences/settings and not this screen.

In your settings your role is probably a cascading role, so you are already enrolled into every course in the instance. There is also a setting/checkbox for display role on classlist. If that is unchecked you won't see yourself. But this is a good thing as you would start getting a bunch of emails if you are visible.

• Reto.Hoehener8829
    Reto.Hoehener8829 Posts: 16 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

I see, thanks a lot for the explanation. And yes, super admin is a cascading role.

• Renee.J.194
    Renee.J.194 Posts: 113
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Reto Hoehener​ I hope I am remembering this correctly from back when we set up our site. If you ever need to enroll a cascading user into a course, you can do it from Users in the admin panel. But again, if I remember correctly, when you enroll a superadmin as an instructor or a student into a course the superpowers of that account are lost when inside that particular course.

• Jonathan.S.595
    Jonathan.S.595 Posts: 80 🧭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    We have special accounts made for admins that are different from the regular college accounts. If you want a cascading role to not have admin rights in a course you would have to go into users tool and view enrollments then unenroll that admin role for that specific course then enroll as a faculty or student.