Quiz Statistics - Question Pool Question Stats

Options
John.S.971
John.S.971 Posts: 11 🌱
edited January 24 in Community Corner

Could someone please explain why the standard deviation, discrimination index, and point biserial data cannot be generated on quizzes that use a Question Pool? I understand that this is a known issue and that use of the insights portal can be used as an alternative, but I need assistance explaining it to an inquisitive instructor. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Syed.H.393
    Options

Hi @John.S.971

Thank you for reaching Brightspace Community! 

Standard Deviation, Discrimination Index and Point Biserial columns will show N/A if there is only one data point, that is only one user with a first attempt.

Point Biserial column for all question types but True/False and Multiple Choice Questions will show N/A.

Standard Deviation, Discrimination Index and Point Biserial columns will show N/A if they are Random Questions from a Question Pool.

Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Best Regards,

Syed Hasan

• John.S.971
    John.S.971 Posts: 11 🌱
    Options

@Syed.H.393

Thank you for commenting on my question, the information is helpful and much appreciated. For my understanding, I would like to know why Standard Deviation, Discrimination Index and Point Biserial columns show as N/A if they are Random Questions from a Question Pool. Is there an explanation for why D2L does this?

Kind regards,

John