Is it possible to track a user across several separate courses?

Options
Karen.P.784
Karen.P.784 Posts: 6 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

For example, I want to build 3 courses with the same content, but organized differently. The same content is organized for each of the courses according to (a) categories (b) priority (c) complexity.

The reason for this is so that the user can be self directed choosing which pathway they prefer (whether they are a beginner or experienced) I also want them to have the option to jump between different pathways, but being able to track what they have completed in all of the courses. I suppose that it's a form of "gamification".

If this is not possible, can you suggest any other ways of achieving this? I could also integrate Articulate Scorm modules into this.

Tagged:

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @Karen Pouye​ ,

Could you please confirm if these users are enrolled in these courses? If so, you can track their progress under the class progress for each separate course. I am attaching this article that may help you here.

Please let us know if you may have any concerns or queries.

Kind Regards,

Rusha

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 235 🌟
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Karen Pouye​ Does it need to be 3 separate courses or could you have all content be in one course with 3 modules and use release conditions? Students could self-identify which pathway they want to choose by answering a multiple choice question in a quiz (assign different percentages to each answer) and you can set release conditions on modules according to their answer. If they wanted to change to a different path, they can submit another attempt on the quiz and change their answer.

• Karen.P.784
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for that suggestion Jennifer. I will give it a try and see how it goes. The simpler I can keep it, the better.

• Karen.P.784
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks Rusha for your assistance. I haven't thought about the need for them to enrol in each unit, which is an added step. They would probably need to be pre-enrolled in all the units prior. Unfortunately, I don't think that we can track identical modules across separate units as being the same. I will probably have to resort to using Articulate for this kind of self-directed learning. Bright Space seems to be more orientated towards directed learning.

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 235 🌟
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Karen Pouye​ Another option is to use self-enroll groups. The students can join a group depending on the pathway they want (and leave a group to join a different one), and the release conditions are based on group membership instead of quiz score.