How do you rename a Navbar element? I want to change Discussions to Forums

Options

Answers

• Jacqueline.S.595
    Options

Hi @Jeff.L.592,

If your role is not an LMS Administrator, then I do recommend contacting a Brightspace Admin at your organization as they may have the required role permissions to make this change.

Referring to your screenshot, if the goal is to rename Discussions to Forums for all current and future courses, then an Admin would need to access the Course Admin navbar link at the main homepage/landing page level > then navigate to the "Tools" option. From there will be a list of tools with a text field to provide a custom navbar name where you can enter Forums. I suggest refreshing the window to then see the name change. Making this change at the organization level will ensure it trickles down into all courses in the LMS.

I will mention this only changes the navbar name of the tool from Discussions to Forums. Everywhere else the tool will still be referred to as the default Discussions (for example in a course if clicking on Course Admin navbar link > the tool will still be listed as Discussions).

Hope that helps!

Jacqueline

• Syed.H.393
    Syed.H.393 Posts: 36
    Options

Hi @Jeff.L.592

Thank you for reaching out to Brightspace Community!

Below are the steps to rename a tool:

1. On the navbar, click Course Admin.
    2. Click Tools.
    3. In the Custom Navbar Name field for the tool that you want to rename, enter the new tool name.
    4. Press Enter or click outside the field. Your changes save automatically.

Reference - https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/23413-about-course-administration

Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Best Regards,

Syed Hasan

• Jeff.L.592
    Jeff.L.592 Posts: 7 🔍
    Options

I am logged in as a Super Admin and there is no "Tools" that I can see for me to click

• Syed.H.393
    Options

Hi @Jeff.L.592

Going through the issue that you cannot see "Tools" under Course Administration, we feel it is best addressed via a dedicated Support case, as we would need to test/investigate the issue and other specific details.

May I suggest you open a Support case, so we can take a look and update further.

We thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best Regards,

Syed Hasan