"Associated File Not Found" error message

Options
Dale.D.652
Dale.D.652 Posts: 3 🌱

Has anyone seen the error message "associate file not found"? I have experienced a situation where certain files appear to exist (i.e., the link exists) but the file is not found when using the link. I've yet to find a common thread as it is not consistent with all files in any given course content. Thanks very much for reading.

Answers

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Dale.D.652 ,

Thanks for reaching us through community!!

Can you please let me know exact steps followed to add the file into the content ? Is it happening with all your courses/content topics or any specific file ?

Please let me know if there is any further concerns.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

• Dale.D.652
    Options

Hello Sangeetha

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

A little background may be valuable. Our structure here is to have instructors populate "Development Course Masters" with content that is eventually "pushed" into a course master. The course master is just that. Subsequent releases of that course into the curriculum are duplicates of the Course Master. It appears that the error message originates somewhere in the process of modifying the Development Master to the push into the Course Master and maybe at the release stage.

My responses to your questions are not as definitive as you might hope but here they are:

Steps used to add a file vary in that I suspected it was my methodology as the root cause. I've tried drag and drop when using multiple monitors or using the Upload command. I do not import files. This has not exposed a common denominator.

The one consistency is that the files are uploaded from a school network drive or from OneDrive (mostly the latter).

The type of file varies from MS Office format to pdf's. The pdf's are often vendor manuals that I've downloaded from the vendor's site to my OneDrive.

Questions I have:

What are the best practices for copying files into the course content?

Is there a destination folder structure I should create before adding files to a course?

Best regards

Dale

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Dale.D.652 ,

Thanks for the update. You can copy content from one course to another through Import/Export/Copy components tool - https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/16771-import-export-or-copy-course-components#:~:text=Navigate%20to%20a%20course%20that,Components%20page%2C%20select%20Import%20Components. . If you need to add files to course then you can add in Manage files tool and access it across any other tool.

If you have created course without any issues, then there should be folder created in Manage files automatically and you will not need to add any manual folders.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

• Dale.D.652
    Options

Thank you Sangeetha. I appreciate your advice. Dale