Create File > Accordion Template with PDF Link is Flashing

Options

Hello,

I'm using a web page content item with the accordion template, in which I have a pdf link. When anyone clicks on the link it displays the pdf D2L viewer on a new page but the pdf keeps blinking and nothing can be done to change it. Is this a flaw in the build of the web page that it doesn't allow the pdf to be viewed appropriately? Do I have to upload it separately as its own item? This is happening for all users and in instructor mode.

Tagged:

Answers

• Matt.W.287
    Options

Hi Sara
    There is a known issue presently with Creator+ elements flashing. My recommendation is to report this to the D2L Helpdesk so that you will be contacted with updates on its resolution.

I hope that's helpful
    Matt Walker
    Learning Administrator Manager

• Sara.D.792
    Sara.D.792 Posts: 8 🌱
    Options

@Matt.W.287 - how do I contact the help desk? I don't see an option on this page or any other.

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Sara.D.792 ,

You are best to have one of your organization's Approved Support Contacts (ASC) open a case with the D2L
    Helpdesk. If that is you, then emailing helpdesk@d2l.com will open a case and route it to the appropriate level of support for ASCs (Admin Support).

For more information on how an ASC can open a support case, I would recommend reviewing our ASC Resource List, specifically the Creating and Managing Cases section.

Note: As a best practice, it would be good to include detailed steps to reproduce, as well as examples of users who have encountered the issue and/or any of the responses they received in those instances. If possible, noting the date/time of the occurrences is also useful to the troubleshooting process.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Sangeetha