Is there a way to "copy a component" (within a course) as a stand alone file?

Options
Erika.S.236
Erika.S.236 Posts: 2 🔍
Greetings, I have created a template that pulls 3 of the HTML templates together and I published to LOR. I would then like to utilize this template as the landing page for each of the modules in my course. The problem arises when I try to update one template (the content of the HTML) - the content of all the other "copy of content" templates update as well. I find that if I create a unique folder/pathway, it seems to work - is this the only way to do it? There are probably 25-60 modules for this course...I'm not keen on creating 60 folder/pathways. Thanks

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Options

Hello @Erika.S.236,

If the LOR links are added as dynamic links and if they are updated in LOR, the link will be updated everywhere the object is linked.

You can submit new features or product ideas to our Product Idea Exchange on the Brightspace Community.The Product Idea Exchange is designed for users like you to send direct submissions to our Product Development organization.It allows you to receive direct updates on each request you submitIt allows other community members to vote on ideasIt allows other community members to contribute to and collaborate on each ideaIt ensures ideas that have the greatest impact on our clients and end users receive consideration for inclusion in future We look forward to hearing from you at the Product Idea Exchange!

Thank you,

Rusha