Email notifications

Options
Ashley.R.452
Ashley.R.452 Posts: 3 🔍
edited November 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary
Is there a way for students to receive an external email or text notification when they receive a new email in D2L? Something along the lines of "you have unread emails."
Tagged:

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 134 admin
    Options

Hi Ashley, thanks for connecting with us here! We have a resource here in the Community with instructions on how to change personal notification settings within Brightspace.

• Ashley.R.452
    Ashley.R.452 Posts: 3 🔍
    Options

Thank you for that! The problem I am running into is I cannot find a notification setting specific to D2L emails. It looks like there is a notification for just about every other item. Am I missing something? We have students who miss timely emails from instructors because they may not log in every day.

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 134 admin
    Options

Hi Ashley, some institutions do allow external email addresses to be added to the address book so that you could potentially cc parents or external student emails, however this setting would be applied at the organization level.

I would encourage you to reach out to your school's IT Help Desk to see if this is possible or not. If you need any assistance finding that information, please let me know and I will send it to you via Direct Message here in the Community.