👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Dealing with dates in WorkToDO

Options

When an assignment or quiz has an close/end date, it shows up in the WorkToDo widget for students and parents. If the students completes the item, then it no longer shows in WorkToDo.

For content due dates and end date for submitting to discussions, it shows up in WorkToDo widget for parents and students. In learner experience content, there is no way for a student to complete a content item so the item never leaves WorkToDo. Similarly, a student can complete a quiz post during the first week it is open but the discussion still shows as Work that need to be done.

What settings do teachers and admin need to use so that parents and students have a clear picture of the Work that is done or overdue?

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 127 admin
    Options

Hello Michelle, in order for a completed item (quiz, discussion, content) to leave the WorkToDo widget, the item must have an end date. For any content that does not have a due date, it will not disappear from the widget.

If you have due dates on all content and are still seeing this behaviour, please let me know!

• Michelle.B.359
    Options

Alex - A discussion could have an end date of Nov 30th but a student might post to the discussion topic today. The discussion still shows in WorkToDo for parents and students as not done. Why does this not automatically show as done if the student has posted?

This is also true for content. A content item might be listed as due on Nov 30th but a student might visit it today. The content item still shows in WorkToDo for parents and students as not done. How can this be marked as done from the student end?

• Alex.V.58
    Options

Hi Michelle, I would encourage you to connect with your school's IT support desk for further support on this! If you need any help finding that information, please let me know and I will send you a direct message.

• Michelle.B.359
    Options

Hi Alex!

I'm the admin for Brightspace for my org. Please send me a direct message as we want to make sure that our parents and students are getting accurate information about the actual work they still need to do through WorkToDO.

• Alex.V.58
    Options

I have connected with you via DM!