PostMan CLI and Brightspace-- Anyone gotten this to work?

Options

Howdy folks!

I've been working away with PostMan for some time and have been dipping my toes into setting up a few items to run through the CLI; however, I keep running into a 401 error when attempting a run. The collection works fantastic in the Desktop/Web versions, but I feel like I'm missing something….

Below is what I'm attempting, but I'm figuring it's either a syntax issue or some sort of config item. The collection is inheriting the auth from the parent. I'd love to hear of alternatives methods if you have any.

1. Logging into Postman with api key
  2. Running a statement structured like this “postman collection run {runID} -e {environment key} -i {iterations} -d {datasource path}”

Thanks!

Kyler

Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

Hi @Kyler.C.608
    I am not the expert you seek- but I've tried to reach out to folks here at D2L much more knowledgeable than myself in this area- but even those folks noted that their experience with CLI was a bit more limited.

Their best suggestion was that the 401 error likely indicates either an access or login problem.
    Have you been using the Learn Postman with Paul Course for your Desktop/web access?

• Kyler.C.608
    Kyler.C.608 Posts: 7 🔍
    Options

Howdy Stefanie!

That's the fun part, the collection runs perfectly fine in the Desktop/Web interface; but doesn't want to run correctly when invoking from the CLI. I'm going to work on spinning up a few different auth scenarios with other services to see if I can narrow it down to the way PostMan handles the OAuth 2.0 inheritance to the collection or if I need to keep digging into my syntax on the item. I've got a sneaking suspicion it's the inheritance that's causing the problem, but can't actively go make changes to things we are utilizing in production. I guess it's time I try more things in my test instance 😂

Kyler