The written response questions wasn't recorded despite indications that it had been saved

Options
Zina.U.285
Zina.U.285 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2023 in Development

We've run into an issue where a student completed a quiz on Brightspace, and while the answers appeared to be saving in real time (as confirmed by the logs showing the character count and also noting as saved), nothing was actually saved when I went to look at student's response. This isn't the first time this has happened; it's actually the third occurrence.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm looking for any insight on how to retrieve the responses if possible, or tips on how to avoid this in the future. Any help would be appreciated!

Tagged:

Answers

• Mohit.B.878
    Mohit.B.878 Posts: 26
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @Zina.U.285

Thank you for reaching us through the Brightspace community.

To investigate the issue further, We may require to look into the Quiz Attempt Logs of the user to provide an accurate cause of the reported behavior, we recommend you to please create a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Mohit Bhargav

• Zina.U.285
    Options

Thank you, Mohit, I already did.

• Iwona.S.533
    Options

Hi @Zina.U.285

Thank you for contacting us about the missing quiz answer. We understand how frustrating this situation must be for the student.
    One possible reason for this issue is that the student had multiple quiz tabs or browsers open at the same time, and saved the quiz from a tab or browser where the answer box was blank.
    Unfortunately, we cannot recover the quiz answer from the quiz logs, as they only show the last saved state of the quiz.
    We are very sorry for any trouble this may have caused you and the student. Feel free to open a support ticket where our staff will be able to review logs and analyze the situation.
    Sincerely,
    Iwona

• Zina.U.285
    Options

Thank you Iwona for this and I appreciate you sharing the possible cause for issues like this. However, I believe the situation might be different for this student.

During the exam, we used one of our in-house e-proctoring platform, which monitors student activity and captures student's screens. The screenshots I've provided to the ticketing team clearly show that the student was working with only one tab open, and there were no multiple tabs or browsers in use. I understand the limitations in recovering answers from Brightspace, however, I hope this additional context might guide us towards a different solution or explanation. I do have a ticket opened and someone from your team is on it :)

Cheers,
    Zina

• Iwona.S.533
    Options

Hi @Zina.U.285

Thank you for the prompt response.

I appreciate that you opened a support ticket as this will help us gather more information from you or the affected user and examine the logs.
    I am confident that our support team will be able to identify the issue and provide you with a response.
    Regards,
    Iwona