Enroll users in multiple courses with bulk enrollment took

Options
Meg.Goodine4361
Meg.Goodine4361 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Is it possible to use the bulk user tool's IMPORT function to enroll students in multiple courses within a single file?

Tagged:

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello @Meg Goodine​,

Great question! The normal CREATE function enrolls them into the main org-level (usually 6606), but IMPORT will allow you to enroll them into another specific org-unit.

If you normally just create your users at the main organization level, I would create a file that has CREATE (if the users are new/to be set up), followed by ENROLL for each of the org units you want to add them to. So your single fine can have multiple actions.

Hoping this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything!

• Meg.Goodine4361
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for this. Still not quite sure how the file should be formatted--unclear what you mean by "followed by". Can you provide an example of what this would look like if I wanted to create a user and enroll them in 3 different courses.

Thanks

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi @Meg Goodine​,

For sure! Here's a sample based upon the CREATE and ENROLL commands. One thing to note if you do it like this is that you're going to get an error for ENROLL if users are being created in the same file. Just ignore those and everything will run through.

Bulk_User_Fields 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

• Meg.Goodine4361
    edited November 2022
    Options

Great. Thanks. Will give it a try.

• Janneke.de.Beer9752
    Janneke.de.Beer9752 Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi, @Stephen Rankin​ I'm trying the same thing, but how would I go about ignoring the invalid rows? I can't select them image

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello @Janneke de Beer​,

Thanks for your question! This is a common problem when including both CREATE and ENROLL in the same file. You could use the IMPORT function to both create and enroll, but if you're enrolling a user in multiple org units your setup would be best.

When I'm using both CREATE and ENROLL in the same file, before upload I open it in a plain text editor, and bulk-remove the four extra comma's using a search for ,,,, and replace with nothing.

Hope this will help!

• Janneke.de.Beer9752
    Janneke.de.Beer9752 Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Ahaa, that makes sense, thanks for the quick reply.

But to keep things simple to explain, we'll be using one csv for import and one for enroll for now.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

You're most welcome! If you run into any other trouble always happy to help further.

Have a great day!