👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Filtering users by last submission date?

Options
Chris.B.4
Chris.B.4 Posts: 3 🔍
Is it possible to set a criteria to identify users who have not submitted anything for 'x' amount of time?
I am new to Brightspace, coming from Moodle, and in Moodle I had a plugin that I could identify students who had not submitted for a certain length of time (that I could set to whatever I wanted).

I see I can sort my classlist by 'last login', but in an asynchronous environment I am more interested in the last time they actually submitted. Kids learn real quick that they can simply login every now and again, without actually doing work, and they can more easily fly under the radar.

Answers

• Michelle.T.865
    Options

Hi @Chris.B.4,

Thank you for your inquiry. This appears to be a feature request at this time.

Some workarounds for you are to create Intelligent Agents (IA) , to identify users who have not submitted assignments and have the IA run at certain amount of time (weekly or daily). You can set the IA to send you an email when the users are identified.

Here is some more information on Intelligent Agents: https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3499-about-intelligent-agents

Please let us know if this is useful!

Cheers!

• Chris.B.4
    Chris.B.4 Posts: 3 🔍
    Options

Thanks for the speedy response.

Yeah that was my plan B. I think I will need to get a new 'role' for students if I go that route so that students who have completed the course…who are still listed as 'Learner' won't keep getting messages about lack of submissions.

Good to know it is on the development radar though!