Need Help with Outcomes Data Sets for Course Evaluation?

Options
Rogelio.d.245
Rogelio.d.245 Posts: 29 🌱
edited October 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

Hello and a wonderful day to you!

During the previous academic year, we began implementing the Standards for our chosen courses. While some of these Standards were linked with their respective rubrics, others were not. At present, we’re keen on assessing and reviewing our data.

Upon exploring the Data Hub, I noticed multiple data sets related to outcomes. Our objective is to identify which courses utilize these Standards and gain a broader understanding of their mastery levels.

I’m reaching out to anyone who has experience working with Outcomes data sets. Could you kindly guide me on which data sets I should download for this purpose? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Sreelakshmi.N.546
    Sreelakshmi.N.546 Posts: 80
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rogelio,

Thankyou for reaching us through community!

Since you objective is to identify which outcome./standard is used in courses, you can refer to Outcomes Course Specific Scales

The Outcomes Course Specific Scales Brightspace Data Set provides details on which achievement scales and achievement thresholds are being used in each of your courses. The only available data for course specific achievement scales is from May 2023 onwards.

You can refer below article for more details on each of the datasets related to Outcomes

https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/4796-outcomes-data-sets

Also, Entity Relationship Diagram in the above article shows the relationships between entities used to create Brightspace Data Sets for Outcomes. To enlarge the diagram, right-click on the image and select Open image in a new tab.

Thanks,

Sreelakshmi

Answers

• Rogelio.d.245
    Rogelio.d.245 Posts: 29 🌱
    Options

I’m grateful for the valuable information you’ve provided, Sreelakshmi. The link to the outcomes data set is particularly useful. All of these resources will undoubtedly assist me in my attempt to work on this data set. Once again, I extend my thanks to you.

• Sreelakshmi.N.546
    Sreelakshmi.N.546 Posts: 80
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi Rogelio,

Thank you ! Glad that we were able to assist with your query!

Regards,

Sreelakshmi