error when clicking into course: An embedded page at cdn.lcs.brightspace.com ...

Options
Julie.S.907
Julie.S.907 Posts: 4 🌱
edited October 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

A user gets this error when clicking into a course homepage (the error re-appears if you click OK, navigate to content, and click back to Course Home):

An embedded page at cdn.lcs.brightspace.com says
Error retrieving credentials

Any idea what is causing this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Marcel.Z.297
    Options

Goodmorning Julie,

I experienced the same problem. Clearing the cache and cookies from the browser solved it for me.

Regards,
    Marcel

• Tracy.W.238
    Tracy.W.238 Posts: 11 🌱
    edited September 2023
    Options

We are seeing the same thing here. I tried running a session for staff yesterday and it continuously popped up for both myself and the participants. This morning I have teachers reaching out that the issue is continuing. We'll try clearing the cache and cookies to see if it helps.

• Julie.S.907
    Julie.S.907 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

Clearing the cache worked for me, too, but that doesn't resolve why this is happening. Does anyone have insight into the why?

• Pulkit.Y.864
    Options

Hi everyone,

This issue is happening because the course is using an older version of the widget and the user most likely has the previous version of the widget cached.

Clearing the browser cache should fix the issue.

This is a good reminder that this is the hosted version of the Visual Table of Contents widget, and these versions are going to be end-of-life. The better solution (long term) would be to migrate the course homepages to the System version of this widget, as it doesn't have this problem.

You can read more about End Of Life of the Widget here:
    https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/22347-intent-to-end-of-life-notice-hosted-homepage-widget-expansion-pack