How to show modules as visible but inaccessible with release conditions?

Options
M.J.645
M.J.645 Posts: 4 🌱

Hi.

I'm setting up a course where module access is sequential, using release conditions (70% on the prior module's quiz). Currently, until the condition is met, the next module is completely hidden. I'd like it to be visible but locked. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Samantha.B.445
    Options

Hi there! This is possible with a permission change, but it would affect the whole organization

Speak to your Brightspace administrator about tuning on the Permission "View Content That is Not Released"

• M.J.645
    M.J.645 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

Thanks for that. I have super admin privileges (still adjusting!) and tried turning on that setting, but the resulting units/modules weren't greyed out when viewed in the content area, despite having release conditions on them. Rather, they're completely viewable and accessible, as in the student can click on and view the page contents. I was looking for a way to make the units/modules/pages viewable but greyed out and inaccessible. Unless I'm doing something wrong, are there settings somewhere that allow for that?

I did find a permission to make conditionally released quizzes viewable (but not accessible until release conditions are met) which is great. Just looking for something like that for units, modules and pages.

• Kristopher.K.987
    Options

Bumping this thread, as we have need for the functionality described. We have Release Conditions attached to SCORM objects, but the timing of Completion of SCORM objects is tricky and oftentimes tied to the SCORM object unloading. However, if the learner cannot see that there's more content in the Unit, then why would they navigate forward in the Unit and away from the SCORM object. What we need is content that is inaccessible, but the learner still gets an indication that it's there (like greying its title out in the left-hand navigation menu, or on the Launch Unit screen).

• Jonathan.H.434
    Jonathan.H.434 Posts: 7 🌱
    Options

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. I'd love the feature though, and it would make setting up a asynchronous class much better. Please vote for the idea on the PIE: Release Condition Visibility Option (D2317)

• Shonelle.W.988
    Shonelle.W.988 Posts: 35 🧭
    Options

Where is the "view content that is not released" permission option?