👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Can't Make a Copy of Google Drive Document from Brightspace

Options
Stephen.A.425
Stephen.A.425 Posts: 2 🔍
edited October 2023 in K-12
Hi,

I've copied the components of a class I previously taught to this years class. I have all my content via google docs, however BS is not letting the students copy the document into another google doc. They can only download the document as a word doc. I tried to copy the doc from BS myself and it doesn't allow me either (I can still copy the orginal copy from G-drive).

How do I change the settings to allow BS to allow copies of the uploaded documents.

Answers

• Bronwen.C.185
    Options

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, this is a Google change that we are unable to override. This was originally opened as a defect being tracked under major case 01735236, but after investigation, our development team concluded that Google had made a change on their end.

Sadly there is no setting change available on our end to allow copied of uploaded documents. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Bronwen