New User Email Issue

Options
Benoit.C.2
Benoit.C.2 Posts: 9 🌱
edited September 2023 in Corporate
Hi,

I have modified the New User Mail Template and now tnew users are not receiving the email. Can someone please help? Do I need to default back the Name, Email and Subject?
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 201
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi Benoit,

When editing the Template Properties you can restore the fields back to their original values by selecting the blue Restore Default icon to the right of the input field as shown below.

Is it possible you have edited the Name From: {HelpDeskName} and Email From: {HelpDeskEmail} values? These values are set in the Config. Variable Browser or by your D2L Support representative.

If you are intending to send email from your Brightspace environment 'on behalf of' your institutions email domain additional configurations & settings are necessary to allow D2L to send mail on your behalf. If these changes are not made correctly, or not in-place, email sent from Brightspace may end up in the recipients Spam/Trash folder or blocked by your institutions mail server.

Community resources outlining what is necessary are available from:

If in doubt please contact the D2L Support team for additional guidance on what is required.

Hope that helps!

• Benoit.C.2
    Benoit.C.2 Posts: 9 🌱
    Options

Thank you @Chris.S.534 ! My email is now fixed and sending to all new users. :)