How would I obtain new templates for my org?

Options
Emily.D.83
Emily.D.83 Posts: 7 🌱
edited November 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

Our current templates are 4 or 5 years old. How would we obtain the newest versions of HTML templates for our org?

Tagged:

Answers

• Heba.A.271
    Options

Hi @Emily.D.83 ,

Thank you for reaching Brightspace Community!

The current HTML version used is v3.0. You can downloaded it and you could store HTML template files in Public Files. I am attaching the steps of enabling the HTML template in courses as an example shared from one of our clients.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

• Neil.G.267
    Neil.G.267 Posts: 6 🌱
    Options

We are wanting to move from the version 2 to version 3 templates. Is it safe to remove the 2.0 templates or will that break content created with them? Is it better to have both versions on there? We recently upgraded to Creator + some some of those templates have accordions and other elements that are duplicated.

• Heba.A.271
    Options

Hi @Neil.G.267 ,

Kindly find updates from our SMEs , it is safe to remove Template V2 , it will not break content built with them but you can't build new content with those templates. In addition while it is safe to remove the HTML files for template V2 ( located under 'module _templates/'), it is recommended to keep support assets/folder as the folder includes supporting CSS, JavaScript and images.

Also note that there are templates made specifically for Creator+. If you're logged into Community, you can download them here.

Hope this helps!