How do I add a TA for my course (college level)

Options
Elana.G.218
Elana.G.218 Posts: 2 🔍
edited September 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary
I'm trying to add my TA to the course to access. I am not sure what role to assign as I can't find a TA designation. I am not sure the best way to do it.

Answers

• Natasha.B.837
    Options

Hi Elana

Based on your Community profile and that you're wanting to assign your TA to a course, I'm assuming that you are an instructor. This means you will most likely be able to add users and assign roles to them in your course, but you won't be able to create a new role.

If there is no TA role set up, I recommend contacting your Brightspace Administrator who can either advise you which role has already been set up for TAs, or can create a new role with the relevant permissions which you can use going forward.

Hopefully this helps!

Regards

Natasha

• Richard.H.910
    Richard.H.910 Posts: 2 🔍
    Options
    this is not helpful
  • Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 183 admin
    Options

Hi @Elana.G.218 and @Richard.H.910 ,

When creating specialized roles for a TA, we do have documentation on how to do this:

As @Natasha.B.837 highlighted, this workflow will require an Administrator to create the role and make these changes. We recommend reaching out to your institution's Technical Administrators or IT Support to help you in this! If you are having any issues in navigating to connect with them, please let us know either here or feel welcome to DM me.