I apologise upfront if my question comes across very basic but I've never used API calls before so unsure if want I want to do is even possible and if it is, what API call I should be using.
I have been asked to create a button in a course offering, that when pressed, will route the student to another content page depending on their enrollment in another course offering.
Here's my example.
A student can be enrolled in 1 out of 4 possible Schools within our institution. Each School has it's own course offering page. Let's call these A, B, C and D
I've been asked to create a button that when clicked will figure out which of of these school course offerings the student is enrolled in and then route them to a specific school related content page in another course offering.
So if a student is enrolled in A they then see content page related to A in the other course offering.
Firstly is there an API call that can retrieve this information?
Secondly, can that information then be used in a Javascript if, else, else if query?