Has anyone found a way to use ungrading in Brightspace?

Options
Nancy.Evans5785
Nancy.Evans5785 Posts: 10 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

For example I have been trying to think of a way to use ungrading and release conditions. I get that you can use release conditions to restrict access to content until a student has mastered it. What I am looking for is how to use the Brightspace tools in ungrading.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• MMac4280
    MMac4280 Posts: 61
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Nancy Evans​

Thanks for asking! I've sent a note to the project team. When I hear back from them, I'll either circle back, or they might respond directly here.

• MMac4280
    MMac4280 Posts: 61
    edited November 2022
    Options

One of the development managers suggests that there is a more common way to do it:

Allow multiple attempts and then release the content when they achieve a certain grade.

Hopefully that covers your use case.

Cheers!

• Michael.M.227
    Michael.M.227 Posts: 67
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @Nancy Evans​  - I would tend to agree with Mary's suggestion that there could be alternative ways to accomplish your goal. If you are trying to restrict content (or conditionally release content) until an assessment has been achieved at a required threshold level or until a stated learning objective has been achieved, then both of those scenarios can be used as direct triggers for a Release Condition action which can release the hidden content. Does that sound like the scenario you are trying to accomplish or are you trying to achieve a different goal with the use of graded vs un-graded assignments (interpretting that to mean published vs draft evaluations).

• Nancy.Evans5785
    Nancy.Evans5785 Posts: 10 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you for your replies. I like the multiple attempt idea. What I really want to do is to suggest ideas to faculty on how lessen the grading burden. Thanks.