👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Porting Over a Moodle Glossary to Brightspace

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱
edited November 2023 in K-12

I'm wondering how to port over a video glossary from Moodle to Brightspace?

The glossary did not port over when my courses were ported so I'm wondering if there is a different way to port the glossary on its own into the D2L courses.

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 201
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi Chelsey,
    Unfortunately you cannot import a Moodle glossary XML file directly into the tool.
    You could try exporting the glossary file, use an online XML to CSV conversion tool, or do this in Excel if available.
    Dependant on how good the conversion is you may need to do some cutting and pasting to get the file into the format required for the glossary import.
    The CSV import format in Brightspace is very straight forward and is just a CSV file with the following 2 headers: Term,Definition
    Thereafter, all subsequent rows will contain the actual terms and definitions you wish to import.
    A sample CSV file template is available in the Glossary tool.
    Hope that helps.

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱
    Options

Hi @Chris.S.534 Thanks for this information. I admit it's all Greek to me, but I'll pass the info on to our tech team and see what they say.

Alternatively, is there a way to input a lot of videos at once into a glossary (or would that need to be done one video at a time)?