Can release conditions be used across two different learning rooms?

I want to use release conditions across different learning rooms. As an example, I want to ensure that a Dropbox in Learning Room B will only be visible to students when they have successfully completed a quiz in Learning Room A. Is this possible? The reason for spreading it over two learning rooms is that Learning Room A (containing the compulsory quiz) will be available to ALL students at the institution, but some individual subject areas want to ensure that their students complete it swiftly and therefore want to hide Dropboxes in other Learning Rooms until they have passed the quiz.

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 542 admin

Hi @Angela.D.266
    Release conditions apply within one course, so if the learning rooms are created as Sections within one Brightspace Course- I believe you will be able to set that release condition.

If the learning rooms are created in two separate Brightspace Courses you will not be able to apply that release condition.

• Angela.D.266
    Angela.D.266 Posts: 4 🔍

Thanks Stefanie. These will effectively be two separate Brightspace Courses (which we call learning rooms), so it doesn't look like I'll be able to employ release conditions. Back to the drawing board to try and find another way to ensure completion of a compulsory quiz in one course, before more content in other learning rooms (courses) is made visible.

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 542 admin

Hi @Angela.D.266
    I felt like I was being too hasty- there are things you could try here.

1) What Can you put all the content in both Learning Rooms in one Course, and then use the Quiz to conditionally release the modules of what would the second course? That may be the simplest solution."

2) If you have a test course- you could try using this advanced workflow. I haven't done this before- but after I thought about your question some more it occurred to me that technically in Intelligent Agents you can do some pretty cool things- and this might work for your use case.

You could create an Intelligent Agent in Room 1 That says If a user gets 80% or higher, then change their enrollment in Learning Room B.

Let me know how your testing goes/which path you think will be better.

Grateful to you for connecting here!

• Angela.D.266
    Angela.D.266 Posts: 4 🔍

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for reaching out again. This certainly looks more promising! I'm on leave after today for two weeks, so will explore this fully when I get back. I'm certainly feeling more optimistic now!

Thanks again,

Angela