SCORM Object Grade Item

Options
Sara.D.792
Sara.D.792 Posts: 8 🌱

Is anyone successfully linking to an external program with the name of the user and SCORE of the SCORM object? For example, we have a tracker system that includes codes and we link to the quiz ID and Course ID for reporting back to the interface so that the course is then marked off as completed in our roster process.

I have seen there is some Developer language here and am just wondering if I am overthinking this and if there is an easier way to report back on the content item for a SCORM video being completed (passed/failed) and then linking to the external web-based interface.

https://docs.valence.desire2learn.com/reference.html

Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

Hi @Sara.D.792
    This is a really cool question- and while I don't know that I'm the expert that will ultimately answer it-I'd like to help find someone who can!

I suspect that part of the solution might be in the system you're trying to report the grade item back to.

Would you be willing to send me either in a reply here, or as a Direct Message the name of the external program you're trying to send the grade item to? It will help me find some Subject Matter Experts here at D2L who may have some handy suggestions.

• Sara.D.792
    Options

Within the course, we have the content item (Content Object) SCORM video which is reporting under the Table of Contents > Related Reports > Scorm Objects and a grade appears in the Grade Center, but we can't find the object ID or grade item in viewing the content to report on (to GET and report out).

Or rather, we are finding a grade item that we think is correct but we're not sure and we are spinning our wheels trying.

Our program is a home-grown program made here exclusively by Upstate programmers, so I don't think i could be of much help there. I am looking for a script would report back on all SCORM object IDs, but when we are running it, it doesn't come back with the correct Users who have taken it, which makes me think there must be another/better way to run it.

We were able to do this with Quiz IDs successfully by identifying the QI# in the URL address window and using that as our quiz id.

Essentially, I need to find out a way to identify an ID for the SCORM Object grade item to pull and report back on. So, if Tonya completed the SCORM Object Video and got a 100, I want it to report back to the system that she completed the course (I don't need the actual score).

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

Hi @Sara.D.792
    I apologize for the delay- there's a Subject Matter Expert I'm working to connect with to get some more information for you who happens to be ooo at the moment- returning next week.

I will update this thread as soon as I've heard back but wanted to keep you in the loop so you knew I hadn't forgotten about your question

• Sara.D.792
    Options

HI @Stephanie.B.518

Thank you for letting me know.

I think that we may have a solution, our programmer is looking at connecting the Object ID that I found in the Grades>Manage Grades which shows me an objectid in the url address if I select the Scorm Object.

The goal is to be able to include our questions for the assessment in the elearning so the student doesn't need to take an additional quiz at the end, which we are going to experiment some more with. But, please continue to find out if there is another option/better method to report on this metric.