Account status for students

Options

I'm looking for pros and cons to give students the option to change their account status under

"Online Status" from "Appear online" to " Always appear offline". Do you have any experience with this?

Answers

• Furkan.K.312
    Options

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for asking this question. This is a feature. I am not sure what is meant by pros and cons here.

Here is documentation

https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/5464-change-your-personal-settings-in-brightspace

Online Status (How to)
    When working online in D2L Brightspace, you can either Appear online or Always appear offline
    to your students (the system default is to Appear online). The following explains how to adjust this setting.
    1. From the Minibar, click your Name.
    2. A contextual menu appears. Click Account Settings.
    3. The Account Settings page appears. Scroll down to the Signing In section.
    4. Set your online status as desired.
    5. Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.

Did I answer your question?

Thank you

• Sylvia.K.939
    Sylvia.K.939 Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

Hi Furkan, thank you for getting back to me on that. It is a very helpful piece of information. I was also looking for impact on the Insights Analytics. If the student chooses not to appear online, will this impact the data analytics in any way? Or will the student's online presence be represented by system access?

Many thanks,

Sylvia