Developer Instance: Manage Extensibility item missed for Data Admin and I can't add LTI 1.3 Tool...

Options
ryurchik@akademos.com
ryurchik@akademos.com Posts: 2 🌱
edited November 2022 in Development

Developer Instance: Manage Extensibility item missed for Data Admin and I can't add LTI 1.3 Tool Provider to check my tool. Is it okay?

It seems that DevCoPDataAdmin has no permissions to do that. Maybe there is some other way how I can add my LTI 1.3 tool to the dev instance? Please, advice. Thank you!1

Tagged:

Answers

• Judy.B.556
    Judy.B.556 Posts: 48 admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Roman Yurchik​, thanks for the question. I have looped in our SME for some information. 

• Jesse.Sheather9624
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Roman Yurchik​,

The DevCop environment is more oriented to test LTI 1.0-1.1.2 tools over 1.3 which is a different privacy set. I have inquired to our owners of this instance to understand if those features can be added but the original intention as I understand it was to focus on testing API and LTI 1.0-1.1.2 links as it was created before we implemented 1.3. I will get back to you if there is any change. And if you are working with a 3rd party to integrate with Brightspace please consider joining the 60 day free access through our partners program: https://www.d2l.com/partners/integration-partners/technology/ & simply email partners@d2l.com to get started!

Best wishes for the time being.

• ryurchik@akademos.com
    ryurchik@akademos.com Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you @Judy Botejue​ and @Jesse Sheather​ , I appreciate your help

• Carrie.B.694
    Carrie.B.694 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

Hi! This is an older post but I wanted to check in and see if the recommendations have changed for testing an LTI 1.3 integration. If we would like to test our LTI 1.3 integration, should we still apply for the partners program? Thanks!