405: Method Not Allowed error when attempting to delete Discussion Posts

Options
Matthew.T.222
Matthew.T.222 Posts: 19 🌱
edited November 2022 in Development

I'm am trying to add support for Discussions to my web application and have run into an issue with deleting discussion posts in particular (endpoint reference link).

I've tested my GET, POST, and DELETE endpoint calls for Forums and Topics, and all work without issue. I am also able to GET discussion posts without a problem (all posts for a given topic, and specific posts), but trying to call DELETE returns a 405: Method Not Allowed error. The only difference in code is the logic used to construct the endpoint (I have a Post class that appends "/posts/{postId}" to the endpoint).

Any ideas on what the issue might be here? My Oauth 2.0 permissions include the "discussions:*:*" scope (and again, DELETE works for Forums and Topics, just not Posts). Checking the Headers from the response, I noticed "allow: [GET, HEAD']". I've attached a screenshot to help with any debugging.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.34.31 AM

Tagged:

Answers

• Judy.B.556
    Judy.B.556 Posts: 48 admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Matthew Thomas​, thanks for the question. I have looped in our SMEs for some guidance. Stay tuned for an update.

• Paul.Janzen3087
    Paul.Janzen3087 Posts: 21
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for submitting this question to the community. We believe that this is a defect with this API route. If you can, please submit a support ticket for this issue. I will do so as well (but we always encourage our customers to send us their feedback).

For now, one thing you can try is to test out an older API version for your call. This is not a long term solution, but it might allow you to proceed for now. I was testing the POST a discussion post call yesterday and I noticed that API version 1.30 worked.

• Matthew.T.222
    Matthew.T.222 Posts: 19 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you @Judy Botejue​  and @Paul Janzen​  for following up on this. Paul, I did try using an older API version (1.30) and that was successful! It's good to have at least a short-term solution so I can keep testing my app.

I'd be happy to submit a support ticket for this issue as well. I couldn't find the best place to do that however; could you provide a link or contact info for how to submit a support ticket? Thanks!

• Paul.Janzen3087
    Paul.Janzen3087 Posts: 21
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi Matthew, In order to submit a support ticket you will need to determine who the ASC (Approved Support Contact) for your organization is. They are able to send tickets our way. Again, I will still pursue this one internally. Thanks, Paul