Discussion - Due Dates

Options

Hi all,

A feature that might be useful for many of us is to either have two Due Date (like Assignments which has a Due Date and End Date which could be used for late submissions or other purposes) options OR to have the ability to Manage Access for students. I am finding more and more accommodations with extensions for certain conditions that allow a student a certain window to submit work (like 72-hours) after the due date. Having a feature where you could allow that Accommodation to be automatically available to a student would really improve D2L Discussions. Also having two Due Dates could be used for instructors who allow late work OR to allow for an earlier due date for an original post and an end date for replies. Just an idea,

Jennifer

Tagged:

Answers

• Matt.W.287
    Matt.W.287 Posts: 50
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Jennifer

The Due Date is in many ways cosmetic (appearance in Calendar) except where the score is impacted when the activity is completed late (*also Assignment submissions can be rejected by TurnItIn when submission is attempted past the deadline).

The End Date of something is when it becomes no longer available. Availability dates for Discussions are now handled differently (see https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3451-lock-a-discussion-forum-or-topic )

I would recommend you submit this idea as a Feature Request in the Product Ideas Exchange. Any/all suggestions to the developers must be accompanied by a "PIE request" so I think that's the best place to start.

I hope that's helpful. Thank you for the suggestion, and I hope to see these enhancements in the platform in the future.