NavBar

Options

Where is the Navbar?

Answers

• Isaac.M.201
    Isaac.M.201 Posts: 10
    Options

Hello @Bridgett.Tedder6491,

The Navbar should appear at the top of all courses and homepages in Brightspace. It can be either Text-Based or Icon-Based and is identified by the number "2" in the following article.

If your navbar has "disappeared" as a result of it being deleted accidentally, an Instructor or Administrator for the course may restore it with the following steps:

1. Navigate to the course or homepage with the missing Navbar.
    2. Make note of the number which appears in the URL address bar.
      1. Example: "https:// <Site URL> /d2l/le/content/123456/Home", here the number which we call "Org Unit Number" would be "123456"
    3. Navigate to any other course where you have access to the "Course Admin" tool.
    4. After navigating to Course Admin, manually replace the number in the URL with the Org Unit Number from your course where the Navbar is missing.
      1. Example: "https:// <Site URL> /d2l/lp/cmc/main.d2l?ou=1111" → "123456"
    5. Assuming your permissions allow it, this will give you access to Course Admin to the course where the Navbar is missing.
    6. In Course Admin, go to "Navigation & Themes".
    7. Under the "Active Navbar" dropdown, select and apply a Navbar to the course where the navbar is missing.

I hope this helps!

Isaac M

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 179 admin
    Options

Hi @Bridgett.Tedder6491 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

I want to make sure I understand what you need, so I can best help you. Are you looking for the navbar in the Brightspace Community or a Brightspace Learning Environment?

For the Brightspace Community, our Navigation bar looks like this:

It contains links to Documentation, Release Information, Discussions, Events, and Resources as well as your language community, notifications, private messages, and profile.

If you are experiencing this issue elsewhere, please feel welcome to provide a screenshot or description!