Remote plugin setup OAuth signature method not working

Options
amber-huo
amber-huo Posts: 2 🌱

We are trying to add a new remote plugin, and find that even though we set the OAuth signature method to HMAC-SHA1, it ends up becoming HMAC-SHA256.

Has anyone encountered this before or know why it is?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 276 admin
    Options

Hi @amber-huo ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

I'm connecting you with a resource that provides additional information about integrations. Admittedly, this content or workflow is not in my wheelhouse. I've connected with our LTI experts and they are taking a closer look to be able to provide you more details. Grateful to be learning with you😀

Stay tuned!

• Viktor.H.147
    Options

Hi @amber-huo — it would really help if we could get a bit more information here to help you out. Most specifically, have you created Remote Plugins to this LTI Tool before? Have you also got LTI Links that use this LTI Tool in the system? Also, is this LTI Tool intended to be used by everyone in your organization, or are the sharing rules for this LTI Tool more complicated (ie different parts of your organization have different/separate configurations for this LTI Tool)?

• amber-huo
    amber-huo Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

Hi @Julie Low558 and @Viktor Haa62, we've figured it out by deleting the plugin and adding it again from scratch; it may have to do with caching. Thanks for your responses!