Course Progress not matching content

Options
Aaron.M.691
Aaron.M.691 Posts: 13 🌱
edited April 2023 in Development

Hello Community!

I had an issue today where we have an Articulate Storyline eLearning in a module that opens to a new window. For some reason, the course progress shows the asset is incomplete, however upon reviewing the eLearning, the user completed all portions of the imported course. Please advise.

Course Progress:

Within Articulate Storyline course:

Answers

• Bonnie.R.836
    Options

Hi @Aaron.Marks3497 Have you checked if that eLearning link in the course content is marked as required or optional?

Classic Content:

New Content Experience:

• Aaron.M.691
    Options

Hello Bonnie!

Thank you for reaching out, the content is set as required.

• Aaron.M.691
    Options

Is there any way to push completion/course progress for an asset or module if I can't figure this out?

• Heather.K.449
    Heather.K.449 Posts: 38 🧭
    Options

Hi Aaron,

When you published your SCORM, did you publish it using SCORM 2004 4th edition and the tracking as 'passed/incomplete'? Also, for your D2L settings, be sure to select 'Default - do not add Review/Retake' when you upload your SCORM to D2L.

I hope this helps.

• Aaron.M.691
    Options

Hi Heather!

Thank you so much for your reply! I've been able to investigate further and found that once I switched to using xAPI vs any other SCORM type it's fixed most if not all of the reporting issues!

• Heather.K.449
    Heather.K.449 Posts: 38 🧭
    Options

Thank you @amarks2@nu.edu ! We just switched to using xAPI vs using SCORM 2004 edition and it worked! It seemed to solved the progress issues we were dealing with when learners were resuming midway through a scorm package. Thank you for your suggestion and help with this. We were trying to figure this out with D2L support for over a year! :-)

• Aaron.M.691
    Options

I'm so happy to hear this helped you @Heather.K.449!

-Aaron Marks