Release Conditions on Content

Options
Aaron.M.691
Aaron.M.691 Posts: 15 🌱

Hello,

Here is the scenario: I have a group setup in a course that only needs access to 3 out of 15 modules. Is there a way to set access to specific content they can ONLY view with release conditions, or do I HAVE to set conditions for all the modules they don't need access to?

My Best,

Aaron Marks

Best Answer

• Olly.F.893
    Olly.F.893 Posts: 49
    Answer ✓
    Options

My hunch is that it's the latter. In essence, your 12 modules should only be visible to people who meet the criteria (even if it is most people), whereas the other 3 should be visible by everyone. Therefore it's the 12 that need the release condition.

The other thing I'd consider, which may not be an option depending on your processes, is to set up a different course offering just for that group.

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 291 admin
    Options

@Hi @Aaron.Marks3497 ,

Thanks for connecting with the Brightspace Community. I connected with our Release Conditions experts and @Olly Fay142 is correct. Release Conditions would need to be set for all the modules that the students should not have access to.

We are always grateful for customer feedback such as yours and encourage you to create an item within our Product Idea Exchange, outlining your use case and recommended change. For instructions for how to access PIE, connect with our Community FAQ's article.