On this new Brightspace Community, there needs to be a Share button to share the initial post.

Options
nichole.g.355
nichole.g.355 Posts: 18 🌱
edited November 2023 in Community Corner

I need a better way to share posts on this community.

For example when I Ask a Question and get a response. I get an email with a link/button to see the response that brings me right to the comment. This is a good feature.

However, if I copy the URL while reading the new comment it gives me a URL with a direct link to the last comment and not at the begining where the post is for my reader to read from the top down.

[https://]community.d2l.com/brightspace/discussion/comment/3142#Comment_3142

I have to go into my profile, click on My Discussions or Bookmarks, find the post, copy the URL and then remove “#latest” so my reader can see the initial question asked to start from the top.

[https://]community.d2l.com/brightspace/discussion/2333/i-cant-access-the-old-communitys-answers-any-more#latest

There is no share button that I can see on the initial post. Here is a screenshot:

Best Answer

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 129 ⏸️ Inactive
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @nichole.gladky3425,

Thanks for providing your feedback here in the Brightspace Community.

Pro tip:

You can click the time/ date under the profile picture for the Original Poster to refresh the URL link to be able to share a particular disucssion thread at the top.

Currently we are aware that our links default to #latest for when you click into the discussion.

• Our Vendor is aware of this. The #latest takes a user to the latest post they have read in the thread and is unique to the Community Members progress in reading a particular discussion thread.
    • Thus - if you are sharing a discussion thread with a user who has never read the particular discussion, their #latest url would take them to the top of a thread.

We are continuing to connect your feedback with our Community vendor to better serve your requirements and enhance your community experience.